The Vatican has released a schedule of liturgical events at which Pope Francis will preside in April and May. The Pope’s schedule calls for regular Sunday Masses, primarily in St. Peter’s Square or the Vatican basilica, and visits to the other major basilicas of Rome.
- On April 7, the 2nd Sunday of Easter and feast of Divine Mercy, the Pope will celebrate an evening Mass at the basilica of St. John Lateran, and formally take possession of the “cathedra” of the Bishop of Rome.
- On April 14, the 3rd Sunday of the Easter season, the Pope will celebrate Mass at the basilicas of St. Paul Outside-the-Wall.
- On April 21, the Pope will celebrate Mass and ordain men to the priesthood in St. Peter’s basilica.
- On April 28, the Pope will again celebrate Mass in the Vatican basilica, this time administering the sacrament of Confirmation.
- On Saturday, May 4, the Pope will lead the Rosary at the basilica of St. Mary Major.
- On Sunday, May 5, the Pope will celebrate Mass for confraternities in St. Peter’s Square.
- On Sunday, May 12, Pope Francis will preside at the canonization of Blessed Antonio Primaldo and companions; Blessed Laura di Santa Caterina da Siena Montoya y Upegui; and Blessed Maria Guadalupe Garcia Zalava.
- On Saturday evening, may 18, the Pope will lead the vigil of Pentecost in St. Peter’s Square with members of ecclesial movements.
- On Pentecost Sunday, May 19, the Pope will celebrate Mass in St. Peter’s Square.
With thanks to http://www.catholicculture.org